By Harlan (Hucky) Austin
I receive hundreds of e-mails a month from individuals who want to know if I accept guest posts on Bodyguard Careers, and if so, what are the guidelines. I thought it would be easier to write the guidelines in a post and just refer every one here.
So the answer to the first question is: Yes, we do accept guest posts. At present we publish two guest posts per week, usually on Mondays and Fridays. Below you will find all the details about the process.
What kind of content do you accept?
Anything that is related to the executive protection industry and, useful for our readers is good content for a guest post. There is no minimum length for your post, but usually the guest posts have over 350 words.
• Your post must be original and must have never been published before on the Internet
• You agree to not publish the post anywhere else (i.e., in your own blog or as a guest post in other blogs)
• You can include one link in the byline, which will be displayed at the bottom of the post
• Please format your guest post as a word document, so that we can copy and paste it into the WordPress HTML editor.
• Make sure to include the author byline at the bottom, with the link to your website already formatted (do not spam keywords there, though).
If you have a post that meets the guidelines above, you can send it to me on the email firstname.lastname@example.org Please include the post in the body of the email itself, or as a .doc attachment.
Usually within 48 hours I will reply stating if we will accept the guest post or not. If I reject your post, you are obviously free to use it in your own blog or to propose it as a guest post to some other website.