By Doc Rogers
2011 was an incredible year; Bodyguard Careers, the President Harlan “Hucky” Austin and I want to personally thank you all for your support and friendship. We hope that you all accomplished great things in 2011 and that Bodyguard Careers was instrumental in your career growth. Here are 5 professional observations gleaned from looking back from the previous year and forward to the new one ahead.
1. Sacrifice. Nothing worthy within the BG industry ever comes without sacrifice. The harder we work to improve our careers, the more we will reap the rewards and value the outcome.
2. Keep Busy. Nothing good ever comes from standing still; get busy and do something every day towards your professional career development and toward its achievement.
3. Strive for Excellence. Mediocrity is the enemy of greatness and acceptable is the foe of excellence. The sooner we understand these realities and go beyond these common parameters, the sooner we will achieve our greatest career growth and obtain the highest degree of professional satisfaction.
4. Have a Plan. Many people in the BG industry dream of having a long list of clients and a successful career. But few are willing to make the proper plans to see their dreams come true. Make a plan and start following it to get positive and get lasting professional career results.
5. Get Motivated. As professional BGs it’s our duty to keep motivated so that we can reach our professional goals, training, education, networking, career development, etc. But we should also enjoy what we have in our life at present. Start enjoying what you do now while you make professional plans for the future, this way our personal and professional life becomes worth living and we will become more productive. Keep safe and God speed.