By Doc Rogers
Here is a simple and short 3-part checklist to keep in mind if you want to make it “big” in the business:
Before all bodyguard assignments:
• Be clean-cut and presentable.
• Have a good comfort level.
• Maintain professional posture, demeanor and gestures.
• Visualize only positive things you want to happen, but plan for the worst.
• Mentally rehearse and keep your objectives clearly in mind.
During all bodyguard assignments:
• Think before you speak to the client.
• Listen to the client with respect.
• Make the client feel as if they are the only one who matters to you.
• Stay firmly on the path of providing professional protection to your client.
• Be a well-organized and hardworking.
After all bodyguard assignments:
• Be willing to pay and price, go any distance, to achieve your bodyguard career goals.
• Learn from your mistakes and don’t let unexpected challenges throw you off course.
• Program yourself to think positively, devise your career strategies and take action.
• Invest in your education and professional development.
• Knowledge must be achieved through hardwork.
• Stay humble and listen to those who have walked the path before you.
• Keep at it and never quit; don’t lose faith – get a grip and keep instep.
These simple tips have served me well for over 20 years in the trade. If you stay firmly on the path, keep true to yourself, never tire, never rest and never give up, you will surely make it big in the bodyguard trade. All the best and God speed.