By Doc Rogers
The Bodyguard Success Checklist is provided to keep you focused, determined, and ready for the job at hand. Reading and checking off each component will help you stay focused and alert in your career as a Bodyguard. Being focused is very important. What are you doing to advance your career? Is your career path crystal clear and uncluttered? Are you producing a consistent body of work to meet your career goals each day? Everything has to be planned; you have to know where you are going in your career as a Bodyguard before you go in. Otherwise you could lose.
Keep focused, on your toes, and never stop learning. Go after the limitless opportunities in the Bodyguard industry around the world. Conquer or ignore your fear. Have good work habit each day; carefully invest in your personal and professional development. Read and use the Bodyguard Success Checklist for information and inspiration daily.
• Visualize victory in your Bodyguard career.
• Visualize only positive things you want to happen.
• Realize that a Bodyguard career is your destiny.
• Have a positive attitude and reflect it.
• Smile and be pleasant.
• Keep your objectives clearly in mind.
• Be well organized and hardworking.
• Eliminate any traits that may hinder you as a Bodyguard.
• Consistently apply the Bodyguard fundamentals.
• Think of your victories and achievements often.
• Program your mind to think positively.
• Being a Bodyguard makes life meaningful and valuable.
• Being a Bodyguard is your highest calling.
• Stay true to yourself.
• Stay firmly on the path.
• Get a grip, keep instep.
• Keep at it and never quit.
• Think before you speak.
• Listen with respect.
• Do not only listen, make your clients feel like they are the only persons in the room.
• Show interest, ask questions about the Bodyguard assignment, listen to the answers without distraction.
• Keep disciplined to achieve your goals.
• Maintain professional mannerism.
• Be gracious, friendly and sincere to your clients.
• Maintain a good posture and project positive energy.
• Ask questions about the individual if appropriate.
• Never interrupt.
• Be genuinely interested.
• Carry yourself with confidence.
• Have passion and heart for the Bodyguard profession.
• Realize that your Bodyguard profession is totally within your grasp – believe in yourself.
• Make others totally at ease in your presence and with the Bodyguard services you provide.
Just by studying the Bodyguard Checklist for Success is the first step towards your Bodyguard career, you’re on your way, but this is a difficult program. Keep your plans focused, if you reach an obstacle; improvise, adapt and overcome it. Follow your dream of becoming a Bodyguard; be sure to make it a lifetime commitment, not just a passing interest. Good luck and God Speed.
Doc Rogers is the author of Corporate Executive Protection – A Manual for Inspiring Corporate Bodyguards and president and CEO of International Corporate Executive Protection Ltd. Doc has earned a Ph.D. in Security Administration from Southwest University and he is SE Asia’s leading expert on executive protection and corporate security. To learn how to make a full time living as a corporate bodyguard visit the websites below for more information.
Asar, Thank you for your kind comments. Keep Safe in the New Year and may you have many successful bodyguard details!
Greetings all, I believe every protection specialist
needs a blue print to be successful in their career.
This list is a great blue print that anyone can be successful if they follow and abide my the list.
Keep sending us this valuable intell!!!!!
Health Wellness & Success
Alonzo and Gina: Thank you both for the kind comments
about the “Bodyguard Success Checklist”. Keep safe and God speed.
I concur Alonzo, thanks for the checklist Doc
Words and principles to live by for sure, in and out of the profession. Thanks for the reminder.