By Doc Rogers
The most important part of any profession is action. Action refers to actual acts of doing something each and everyday to advance your Bodyguard career goals. Like all habits, you need to incorporate action into your daily life in order to achieve your career goals. Never let inaction stand in the way of your new career path. Inaction is often the result of laziness and there is no such thing as a lazy Bodyguard.
Make a decision to get off your butt and do something with your life and get out of your comfort zone. Start your prestigious and lucrative career as a Bodyguard now by following this simple Bodyguard Action Checklist.
• Find solutions for problems.
• Always fulfill your promises.
• Evaluate your strengths to maximize available opportunities.
• Make better use of what you have.
• Get rid of any old patterns that no longer serve you or supports your goals.
• Stand ready to serve and eager to assist, whenever needed.
• Pay your dues each day.
• Take criticism the right way for continued improvement.
• If any obstacles come in your path, focus on immediate solutions.
• Maintain Bodyguard quality without compromise throughout the assignment.
• Admit if you screw up and make changes necessary to get back on the right track immediately.
• Always have the Principal’s best interests at heart and a single-minded commitment to providing safety and security.
• Take action, be the General, not the soldier.
Your future depends on good preparation, judgment and relentless action. It is now up to you to harness your habits, thoughts and actions and get out there and land the job of your dreams. Replace any negative thoughts with positive thoughts, any unprofessional behavior with professional ones. Do only positive things that will be beneficial to your success and achievement as a Bodyguard. Keep safe and God speed.
Doc Rogers is the author of Corporate Executive Protection – A Manual for Inspiring Corporate Bodyguards and president and CEO of International Corporate Executive Protection Ltd. Doc has earned a Ph.D. in Security Administration from Southwest University and he is SE Asia’s leading expert on executive protection and corporate security. To learn how to make a full time living as a corporate bodyguard visit the websites below for more information.