To be used as a quick review for all road movements during EP assignments:
• All primary and secondary routes have been checked and mapped.
• All routes to medical facilities and safe havens have been checked and mapped.
• The number of motorcade vehicles has been determined.
• The motorcade formation has been diagrammed and shown to all involved.
• Police escorts know the primary and secondary routes.
• Security drivers are to stay with their vehicles as all times.
• Security drivers are ready for “short notice” moves with vehicle doors unlocked and keys in the ignition.
• All security drivers have had at least two opportunities to conduct dry runs of primary and secondary routes.
• There is a security plan in effect for the security of motorcade vehicles during periods of non-use.
• There is a plan in effect if vehicles in the motorcade become separated.
• Road construction areas along routes have been documented on the Route Survey Report.
• All EP agents and security drivers have been issued appropriate radio communication.
• All motorcade vehicles have a first-aid kit available.
• Arrangements have been made for motorcade IED sweeps if necessary.
• Security drivers have been instructed to refuel vehicles at the end of each shift.
• Choke points or other potential risk sites have been documented on the Route Survey Report.
• All security drivers and EPS know the security plan in place for possible transportation risks.
This Short and Concise Motorcade Checklist can be reduced in size, laminated and provided to all EPU members and security drivers on assignment for quick review and for consistent procedures. All the best and God speed.
Hi Diana: Hope you are doing well. Happy to hear that you found the motorcade checklist useful. Hope you have a very productive and safe New Year!
Thanks for this list-
I have found this to be a useful tool for review-
when dropping into a location and depending
on new drivers this will be helpful in the beginning
steps of having them understand what I will bring to the
job, what I expect of their team and what we will accomplish