By Doc Rogers
This short article is to get you properly prepared to obtain a bodyguard job, so you don’t have to wait for opportunity to knock. Instead you’ll be able to kicked open the door. Finding a bodyguard job in today’s economy is not impossible. However, you need procedures in place.
Basic Procedures for Finding a Bodyguard Job Follow these basic job search procedures when you are ready to start looking for a bodyguard job:
1) Write a great résumé, make sure it matches the experience level and bodyguard job requirement exactly (refer to Chapter 5, The Résumé Factor for more information).
2) Write a great custom made for each bodyguard job cover letter. Make sure it matches the experience level and bodyguard job requirement exactly.
3) Send your résumé and cover letter via overnight courier (UPS, FedEx or DHL). It’s an expensive way to send your documents. However, the expense is well worth it. You know when the package has reached its destination through the quick and easy shipment tracking. Résumés and cover letters sent by overnight couriers get more attention and communicate to the employer that you are a serious bodyguard applicant.
4) Prior to going to bodyguard job interviews study the company or individual needing a bodyguard. Do a Google search, research and take notes of all relevant bodyguard information and incidents. Invest at least 30 minutes on each company or individual hiring a bodyguard. When the interviewer asks you “what do you know about this company?” You’ll be fully prepared with an accurate and well-researched answer. Bodyguard applicants succumb to this exact question on a daily basis.
5) Build a network of professional bodyguards, key decision makers and bodyguard industry power brokers. The bodyguard world is a small one and the chances that someone in your network knows someone where you are applying for a bodyguard position is a good. Good luck and God speed.
About Doc Rogers: He is the author of best seller Corporate Executive Protection – A Manual for Inspiring Corporate Bodyguards and the newly released eBook entitled How to Build Your Own Executive Protection Business. Doc is president and CEO of International Corporate Executive Protection Ltd., has earned a Ph.D. in Security Administration from Southwest University, is a Certified Protection Specialist from Executive Security International, a decorated former veteran police officer and is SE Asia’s leading expert on executive protection and corporate security.